Dallas Fashion Blogger
Howdy! My name is Denise. Clearly I’m from Texas because I just said “howdy” without even thinking about it. You’re here because you’re interested in getting to know this Dallas fashion blogger– why, I don’t know, but I guess I could tell you a few things about myself:
1. I’m Asian. Filipino, mostly.
2. I have a 6-year-old boy whose energy goes beyond what my 3 cups of coffee will allow.
3. I’m not very diligent when it comes to buying jewelry and bags/purses/clutches. I wish I were better at it but for now, they are only bought when needed.
4. I started blogging over at Effortless Mom in December 2011. It was a parenting blog but then my passion for fashion and beauty took over, and it slowly turned into a Dallas fashion blog.
5. I rebranded/renamed the blog to Beauty and the Pleats in January 2015 because it was more fitting.
6. I could get by with sushi and birthday cake everyday. Every. Single. Day.
7. Pants don’t like me, which is okay because I don’t like pants all that much. I could live in skirts and dresses.
8. Most people have a fear of heights or even clowns– mine would be frogs. Deathly terrified.
9. I love wine but I hardly buy the same bottle twice. Not because I didn’t like it, but because I like to try something new every time.
10. I never run out of TV shows to watch. In the rare occasion that it happens, I panic a little. Thank God for Netflix.
11. I might have a lipstick obsession but I’m not ready to admit that fully just yet.
Any questions? Even weird ones, I’ll try my best to answer them. Email me at