This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
After an entire month of flooding here in Texas (and that is not an exaggeration!), I’m completely ready to move on to summer. There’s just something about warm rays, glowing, tanned skin, and the smell of the ocean that reminds me of home. I grew up in the Philippines, which means that I was spoiled by easy access to gorgeous sand and bright blue water my whole life. Unfortunately, I took that for granted. Now that I’m living in Texas, I get giddy with just the thought of anything beach-related. One of the reoccurring trends this summer is the messy beach hair, which I absolutely have no problem with since that’s what my hair seems to look like regularly anyway. There are some products out there created solely to enhance this effortless “just got out of the ocean” look and I’ve tried several of them. I’ve never been completely happy with them– that is until I was introduced to the John Frieda Beach Blonde™ collection.
My bright pink hair is a bit hard to work with, but the John Frieda® Beach Blonde™ Shampoo & Conditioner and Beach Blonde™Sea Waves™ Sea Salt Spray works with every hair color (not just blondes!) The Cool Dip Purifying Shampoo does its job by cleansing residue off of hair without drying the roots and strands (my issue with most shampoos). The Smooth Seas Detangling Conditioner is moisturizing and easily untangles any knots you may have. The John Frieda Beach Blonde™Sea Waves™ Sea Salt Spray might just be my new go-to summer hair product! It’s the ultimate key to getting those beautiful beachy waves without turning your hair too dry. My favorite thing about these products is that they leave your hair smelling like a resort! Who wouldn’t want to smell like a vacation? All these items (including that cute tribal bikini!) I got from Target!
Now usually, being on the beach means there will be some wind and if I let my hair hang loose, it’ll just end up going across my face and sometimes even inside my mouth (haha, yuck!) The tiny braids are perfect for keeping your hair away from your face so you can fully enjoy your view and other beach activities you usually partake in! Here’s a tutorial on how to get beachy waves:
1. Wash your hair with John Frieda® Beach Blonde™ Shampoo & Conditioner. Let hair air-dry.
2. Grab about an inch wide of hair by your eyebrows.
3. Braid until the end and secure with elastic. Repeat on the other side.
4. Curl hair with a 1-in curler but do not separate locks.
5. Spray with John Frieda Beach Blonde™Sea Waves™ Sea Salt Spray. Repeat 4 and 5 until all hair is curled.
6. Add more Sea Waves™ Sea Salt Spray all over hair and let set for 5 minutes.
7. Flip hair over and start separating the curls.
8. Once curls are separated, tie the two braids together.
9. Grab some pieces, hold the ends and push hair up to “tease” for more of a “messy look.”