This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FaceTheHoliday #CollectiveBias
Holiday and sparkle go hand in hand, and as much as I love myself some glitter, I pretty much dread the fall out (you know, when you blink a few times and all of a sudden you have a layer of glitter on your cheeks). I still want to shine, but sometimes I prefer enjoying my time and not having to worry if I have a speck of misplaced glitter that’s distracting other people. Not only that, but along with the holiday season comes 50+ events that you need to attend. My face starts getting tired from having makeup all day and night, so I need to be using make up products that HELP my skin while I wear them. Here’s a tutorial for my go to Subtle Glam Holiday Look:
1. Put on foundation, eyebrows, and black pencil liner like you normally would, then start off with NEUTROGENA Nourishing Long Wear Eye Shadow + Built-in Primer in Cocoa Mauve. Use the lightest color for the inner corner of your eyelids. Normally, I would be putting on primer first, but this eyeshadow set already has it built-in, so you can pack it on as much as you would like without any worries of creasing (tried and tested, too!)
3. Use liquid eyeliner to create the perfect, subtle wing. If you want a bit more sparkle, you can add some on your lids. I used a little bit of Urban Decay in Interstellar.
4. Contour and highlight. Suuuper important step in my opinion! It helps the lights and shadows add more drama to your holiday look.
5. Prettify + Moisturize those lips! I love using NEUTROGENA MoistureSmooth Color Sticks, and this one is in Rich Raisin. These lippies have mango and shea butter in them that continuously condition your lips, which is perfect because winter is here and we want to avoid chapped lips!
6. Add mascara (like NEUTROGENA Healthy Volume Mascara— which not only makes your lashes look 400% fuller, but also has a variety of oils to improve the consition fo your lashes) and you are done! How easy was that? Here’s the finished look:
TIP: If you want to add a little bit more sparkle, layer over some glitter eyeliner on top of your black eyeliner. I used Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Spandex.
If you’re looking for long-lasting makeup with added health benefits, I suggest picking up some NEUTROGENA products. I got mine from Walmart (in their cosmetics aisle!)